Sunday, January 26, 2014

Book Review : The Happiness Advantage




Being happy has its advantanges! It is a fact! Success comes after Happiness and not the other way around. This time, as the book suggests, I will share with you one of my favourite books written by an authority in this subject matter. A few months back, I had finished reading his second book:  Before Happiness.

This time, I would like to points some of great points he highlighted in his book that are very practical. Find ways to put these points on your life...and start reaping the happiness advantage....

1. Meditate. If you are a Muslim, this is your 5 times daily prayer. Nothing new!. So, prayers do really help us become happier. The author said " ....research even shows that regular meditation can permanently rewire the brain to raise levels of happiness, lower stress, even improve immune function."

2. Find something to look forward to. Eg, people who just thought about watching their favourite movie actually raised their endorphin level by 27 per cent wrote the author. In the morning, plan yourself on how to reward yourself after office hours. Anticipating future rewards help to light up the pleasure centre in our brain.

3. Commit Conscious acts of kindness. It is about consciously do kind things to others. Eg by the author ; paying the toll of someone behind him on the highway. Cool. Find one or two kindness act
that you can do tomorrow. Do it everyday. See the impact on your level of happiness.

4. Exercise. I remember, one brain expert told, if your are in any of "F" states ; frustrated, fear, freaking, fatigue, etc...go for an exercise. The harder the exercise, the better. It helps to reboot your brain. I found it so true for myself.

5. Exercise a signature strength. What it means is do your level best to do things you are excellent at. Eg, for me, inspiring others is one of my strength. So, if i feel down, I will find way to motivate others or read inspiring books, or write something like this blog. It helps me to regain my positivity.

There you go, 5 ideas you can do immediately to boost your positivity and happiness.

As usual, your get the copy of this book Here

No comments:

Post a Comment